Nowadays, when it comes to the treatment of pets for different ailments, a new trend is being followed. That is using natural alternatives to heal them. There are various remedies through which you can treat different diseases. And, CBD oil is one of the most famous among them.
CBD oil, also known as Cannabidiol, is a naturally extracted oil which is produced from the plant Cannabis sativa. It is quite popular because of its low THC content (0.3%) and various health benefits. The main component of CBD Oil is CBD. It is organic and potentially safe to use.
Benefits of CBD Oil
From the above data, it is quite clear that CBD can be helpful in numerous cases. So, here, I have listed certain benefits you should know about CBD oil as a natural alternative for your dogs and how it can be beneficial for them in different cases.
CBD oil is not psychoactive. That is, it will not control your dog’s mind or make him high. This is because of the THC content which is little or negligible in amount. CBD oil contains only natural
CBD with little or no THC.
So, this will be beneficial in relaxing your dogs’ mind without producing any negative effects on him.
Protects the Nervous System
CBD oil is very useful for diseases related to your dogs’ brain, spinal cord, and nerves i.e., his nervous system. It is very beneficial for patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimers, and Parkinson’s disease. It does not cause any brain toxicity or brain cell issues.
It also protects the brain from cell death. For Old dogs, CBD oil is very useful to remove toxins and free radicals which is the main reason for cell death.
Researches show that CBD is very useful when it comes to the treatment of chronic pain. It relaxes your muscles and provides quick relief.
Here are different conditions in which CBD can be an effective remedy for your dog:
- Pain due to neuropathy
- Inflammation due to Acute Pancreatitis
- Intestinal Inflammation due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Normal body Pain
- Pain due to arthritis
- Cramps due to Multiple Sclerosis
According to some studies and researches, it is seen that CBD oil has an anti-tumour property. That is, it prevents or slows down the growth of the tumour. Thus, it prevents cancer from spreading throughout your dog’s body.
It also helps in the secretion of killer cells by the immune system. This killer cells then attack the cancer cells.
Although, CBD oil itself, is very useful to block the energy-producing ability of the cancer cells.
It might also be beneficial for your dog if he or she is undergoing any cancer treatment. CBD oil helps to increase the efficiency of the treatment.
Helps in Cardiovascular Diseases
Another important use of CBD is its role in Cardiovascular Diseases. CBD dilates the blood vessels which increases the blood flow inside the heart. It repairs the damaged blood vessels and relaxes them.
Further, it is very useful in optimizing blood pressure levels and complications related to hypotension and hypertension. It keeps the heart rate normal and provides a normal heartbeat.
Hence, CBD oil can be used as cardio-tonic for your dog.
CBD oil reduces anxiety and symptoms generated by it. It will relax your dog’s mind and help him with anxiety related to noise, anxiety disorders, panic disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
It is helpful in healthy dogs as well. Studies have also shown that it is useful to decrease the stress caused by any trauma.
CBD Oil for Dogs: Possible Side Effects
While there are no such scientific data that reveals any side effects associated with CBD Oil. There are still some possible side effects that may or may not occur.
Here, I have listed some of them:
- Hypotension: Although, the drop in blood pressure can be small. Still, a feeling of lightheadedness might occur
- Increased thirst: According to some scientists, CBD oil might decrease the production of saliva and increase the thirst. This may cause Dry mouth.
- Drowsiness: Certain dog owners have seen the symptom of drowsiness after using CBD oil for anxiety.
Discuss, the right dosage of CBD oil with your dog’s veterinarian to avoid side effects. Do not self-prescribe your dog.
Factors to Keep in Mind Before Buying CBD Oil for your Dog
Effectiveness of CBD oil depends on the quality of the product you are using. While searching for a natural alternative for your dog, you should always select a high-quality product.
Here, I have listed some of the factors you should look for before buying a CBD oil:
- Organic Product: Try to look for an organic product. If you could not find organic CBD oil in your country, try to look for a pesticide, fungicides, or solvent-free product.
- Don’t Bargain: If you want a pure and high-quality CBD oil, the price may not be very pocket-friendly. It is better not to compromise because of the price.
- Analyze the Product: You have the full authority to ask the amount of CBD present in the product. Some of them may contain little or no CBD. You should also be aware of the amount of THC content. Do not buy products with more than required THC content.
- Use Tincture: Using a tincture of CBD oil will be convenient for use. Although, any other source will be equally beneficial.
From this article, it can be concluded that CBD oil is an extremely beneficial natural remedy for your dog. It will not only help him/her in different ailments such as cardiovascular disease, chronic pain, carcinoma, anxiety, Alzheimer’s, etc but it is also proven to have an antipsychotic effect.
However, there are certain mild effects associated with it like hypotension, dry mouth, and drowsiness. It is always better to choose natural, pure, and organic CBD Oil. Also, you should analyze the THC content before buying the product. It is better to choose CBD oil in tincture form for your own convenience.