According to the American Hair Loss Association, around 40% of women and 85% of men suffer from hair loss after the age of 50 in the United States. Unfortunately, hair conditions can only be treated and not cured.
Well, Hemp seed oil is a green coloured naturally extracted oil which is produced from the plant Cannabis sativa. It has extensive natural benefits and with that, it is also profitable for hair growth and various other conditions related to hair.
In this article, we are going to discuss Hemp Seed Oil For Hair, its benefits, side effects, as well as the causes of these hair conditions in detail.
Hair Conditions In Which Hemp Seed Oil Can Be Beneficial
Hair disease is quite common and occurs in almost all age groups. The reason for hair problems can be diverse. It can be due to hormonal imbalance, genetics or environmental conditions. There are numerous hair conditions in which hemp seed oil can be beneficial for you. Here are certain hair conditions listed below:
Hemp seed oil is a famous remedy for hair health and this is why salons have started adding hemp oil in different hair products. This is because hemp seed oil contains certain compounds which has anti-inflammatory properties and thus nourishes the scalp and provides strong and healthy hair.
Well, Hemp seed oil is very helpful in treating ailments like psoriasis, eczema and other skin conditions. Many people believe that dandruff or scalp conditions usually occur due to dry skin but it can occur due to many other skin conditions as well. Extensive researches have shown that hemp seed oil is an effective remedy for skin conditions and thus its application on the scalp can improve it as well.
Hemp Oil For Hair Growth And Loss
Hair loss has been quite a common condition a person can get affected by and people keep finding new ways through which they can get rid of it. The hemp seed oil has a high amount of healthy fats like omega 3 fatty acid, omega 6 fatty acid, oleic acid, stearidonic acid, and gamma-linolenic acid which can promote rapid hair growth. In addition, it can also reduce hair loss and provide you with relief from baldness.
Hemp Seed Oil Blend
Hemp seed oil can be all the more useful if it is combined with other pure grapeseed oil or coconut oil. You can make hair masks and scalp massage oil for efficient hair growth. These natural remedies can result in healthy hair and strong scalp.
Composition of Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil is an effective remedy for almost all kind of ailments. There are certain fats, minerals, and antioxidants present in hemp seed oil that are extremely beneficial for the overall health of the hair and positively affects hair growth.
- Omega 3 fatty acid
- Omega 6 fatty acid
- Oleic acid
- Stearidonic acid
- Gamma-linolenic acid
- Vitamin E
Hence, due to the presence of all these components, hemp seed provides you with a strong and healthy hair.
Additional Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil
Apart from your hair health, Hemp seed oil can provide you with additional benefits like improvement in heart health, brain health, chronic pain issues as well as other ailments. Here I have listed some of them and discussed its benefits in detail.
- Heart Health: Hemp Seed Oil can provide a protective effect on the heart and is beneficial in several illnesses like Coronary Artery Disease, Heart Failures as well as Valve Issues. It can enhance the pumping activity of the heart and improve the blood flow throughout it, therefore, providing a healthy heart.
- Chronic Pain: Applying Hemp Seed Oil all over the affected area may decrease soreness and pain efficiently. Therefore, hemp seed oil can be an efficient remedy for chronic pain that may be due to arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, or any other ailments.
- Brain Health: Consuming hemp seed oil in the form capsules can be quite helpful for adequate flow throughout the brain and enhance brain health. Also, hemp seed oil contains all the necessary fat and compounds that may improve the brain function and protect it accurately.
- Menstrual Issues: Hemp Seed Oil is also an effective remedy for menstrual issues and pre-menstruation symptoms like stomach pain, breast tenderness, and mood swings. Consuming Hemp Seed Oil can relax your ovaries and diminish the pain. Also, it is a beneficial remedy for mood swings as it keeps you away from stress and anxiety.
- Other Conditions: Apart from the above problems, there are distinct ailments like anxiety, stress, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, autoimmune diseases, etc. which can be treated with Hemp Seed Oil. Thus, Hemp Seed Oil is an effective remedy for numerous diseases. Although, much research needs to be done.
Side Effects of Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp Seed Oil is potentially safe for use and the side effects associated with it is pretty mild and will not affect much. Here are certain potential side effects that may get triggered on excessive use:
- Appetite Changes
- Mood Swings
- Dry mouth or Increase in thirst
- Digestive Problems
However, people who are on blood thinners or going to undergo any surgery must avoid using hemp seed oil as it might increase bleeding and cause blood loss.
People with skin conditions should avoid using hemp seed oil as well. It is always better to check whether you are allergic to hemp seed oil. Thus apply it on your hand and if it itches or turns red, do not use hemp seed oil any further.
Drug to Drug Interactions
Hemp seed oil can interact with certain drugs and its working principle may get affected. It is advised not to consume hemp seed oil if you are on certain medications. Here are some of them listed below:
- HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
- Calcium channel blockers
- HIV antivirals
- Immune modulators
- Angiotensin II blockers
- Oral hypoglycemic agents
Lactating or pregnant mothers are advised not to consume or apply hemp seed oil as it may complicate the delivery process and affect the health of the baby as well. It is always better to consult a health professional and discuss the right dosage with him/her.
Middle-aged or Old, Nowadays hair issues are quite common in almost all household. However, there is no appropriate treatment for it and it can only be stopped, not cured. Well, Hemp oil is an effective remedy that can enhance your hair quality and provide you with a strong and healthy scalp as well.
Although, there are certain side effects of using hemp oil and drug interactions might occur. For such cases, it is always better to talk to your doctor or a health professional who is well recognized in this sector. He/she might tell you the proper usage and dosage which will be effective for a successful treatment.
Pregnant ladies, people with skin disorders, and people on blood thinners are advised not to consume hemp oil by any means, as it may complicate the situation further. It is always better to apply some of the oil on your hand to know if you are allergic to hemp seed oil or not. If your skin feels itchy or red you should avoid its consumption.