There has been a lot of buzz about raw and shelled hemp seeds as well as their health benefits and use in the culinary world.
The nutritional profile of hemp is incredible and can help people get all essential nutrients without much intake. These are one of the most nutrient-rich foods that can be served to your family and friends on various occasions.
However, most of us do not have any idea on how to eat hemp seeds. In this article, we are going to discuss different ways to eat hemp seeds, so that you can get an adequate amount of fibre, healthy fats and protein in your diet.
Distinct Techniques to Incorporate Hemp Seeds in Your Daily Diet
To make things easier for you, we have mentioned different ways in which you can include hemp seeds in your daily diet. Here’s the list we made for you:
- Incorporate Hemp seeds in Smoothies: You can add a tablespoon of hemp seeds and blend it with your daily smoothie.
- Blend Hummus with Hemp Seeds: Next time when you make hummus, grab a tablespoon of hemp seeds and blend it up. Enjoy your healthy humus incorporated with hemp seeds.
- Sprinkle some on salads: Moreover, you can also ground these seeds and sprinkle some of it on salads. Serve this to your family and kids for a healthy alternative to salt and pepper.
- Combine hemp seeds in yoghurt: Next time you need some superpowered snack, combine some grounded hemp seeds with some honey and jam. Enjoy nutrition filled and healthy snack.
- Make a Hemp Infused Mac and Cheese: Blend hemp seeds and add around 1/4th cup of it in your mac and cheese for a filling lunch.
- Add into grains: Another way to try hemp seeds is by adding it to your daily intake of grains. Thus, add some of it into a bowl of brown rice or quinoa for nutrition. Both of them blend pretty well.
- Sprinkle in stir-fried food: Also, you can toss some into your favourite noodles or stir-fried veggies for some hemp seed dusting.
- Add into Oatmeals: You can also add a spoon full of hemp seeds into your oatmeal for good fats and protein. This will help you by providing more energy and strength.
How to Store Hemp Seeds
After you open a hemp seed packet, it can be intact for around one year, however, make sure it is refrigerated or froze efficiently.
Also, if you keep hemp-infused products in the pantry it may stay intact for up to 3-4 months. Sniff the hemp seeds and see if it smells foul. If so, you can toss it out easily without any issue.
Health Benefits of Hemp Seeds
Hemp seeds can provide you with relief from various ailments. Here are some of them listed below:
Hemp seeds can provide you relief from various heart-related ailments like coronary artery disease and heart failure.
Moreover, it has the potency to keep the heart rate within normal limits and relax the blood vessels of the heart providing better blood supply throughout the heart.
It can also keep your blood pressure levels as well as cholesterol levels within normal limits.
Apart from that, hemp-infused seeds can be quite beneficial for certain skin ailments as well. It can detoxicate your skin and provide you a clean and flawless skin within a given range and time.
You can orally consume a hemp-infused product or apply its oil to get aid from skin ailments. Hemp is pretty useful in providing you with efficient skin health in less time and money.
Optimal blood pressure
You can get optimal levels of blood pressure on consuming hemp seeds. Both diastolic, as well as the systolic level of blood pressure, stay within the normal limits on consuming hemp seeds infused edibles. This is because it helps to relax blood vessels efficiently.
Hemp seed oil is an effective remedy to keep you away from any kind of pain. Chronic, as well as acute pain, is pretty common nowadays and consuming it orally can provide you relief from both. It can also provide relief from symptoms of gout and arthritis.
Side Effects of Eating Hemp Seed Infused Food
Hemp is pretty safe for use as it does not contain any THC within it. However, there are certain mild side effects that may trigger on consumption. To make things clear for you, here we have listed some of them below:
- Anxiety disorders
- Appetite changes
- Mood Swings
- Stomach issues like Diarrhea.
- Dizziness and Drowsiness.
- Dry mouth.
Although, these side effects are pretty mild., it is better to consult a health care professional who is recognized in this process and can give you adequate knowledge regarding its consumption.
Thus, make sure to consume it under a professional’s guidance.
Medications that Interact with Hemp Seeds
Consuming hemp can also cause some interactions with your regular drugs and cause serious problems. Thus, here we have listed some of the drugs that interact with hemp.
- Valproic acid
- HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
- Calcium channel blockers
- HIV antivirals
- Immune modulators
- Angiotensin II blockers
- Oral hypoglycemic agents
If you are on any of the drugs listed above, it is important to consult a health care professional before consuming hemp seeds.
Hemp seeds are fully packed with nutrition and can provide you with aid in various health issues. And, an easy way to include it in your diet is by grinding or blending it up with food you consume daily.
You can store it efficiently in the refrigerator or freeze it and use it later. However, keep in mind that it can trigger certain side effects and drug interactions. Therefore, consult a doctor before incorporating it in your diet.
People on blood thinners and lactating or pregnant mothers are advised not to consume hemp seed in any form. Also, check for any allergic symptoms before its consumption.