If you are a regular user of cannabis, you may have heard of the word shatter, sap, “pull ‘n’ snap”. Well, shatter is a dominant form of hash oil that has a potency to provide you with the best medicinal compensations in one single shot. It comprises of a large number of cannabinoids and is recognized as a good option for patients with acute pain as well as patients suffering from break free of PSTD.
If you are looking for a simple yet effective process to make shatter, then you are just in the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss cannabis shatter, its specifications, preparation method i.e. how to make shatter as well as the materials required.
Shatter: A Brief Discussion
Shatter is produced when a cannabis flower produces a large number of cannabinoids and terpenes during a certain process. This extraction process involves butane to form butane hash oil (BHO).
This is the most well-known method of extraction and the active ingredient present in this shatter is 50-90% more in amount than any form of CBD.
Consumption Of Shatter Cannabis
Shatter cannabis should be consumed by dabbing. Dabbing is performed by the dab rig. This is a special kind of water pipe which is specially prepared for dabbing. It creates vapour after heating the concentrate which is then inhaled.
A dab rig involves:
- Titanium Nail for heating
- Dome for trapping vapour
- Dabber for picking up shatter and dabbing it on the heated nail.
Materials Required for Composing Shatter with Butane
To make cannabis shatter inclusive of butane, you may require certain things. Here, we have given a brief list of it:
- An extraction tube
- A canister of butane
- Rubber bands
- Coffee filters
- A towel
- Two Pyrex dishes
- An insulated container
If you are going to prepare cannabis shatter with butane, you need to be cautious and keep certain things in mind.
- Firstly, butane is notably inflammable and you need to be extremely cautious when preparing it.
- Apart from that, make sure you are not high or there is no inflamed object around the extraction site
- Also, wear some eye protection, gloves to save yourself from any hazard.
- The butane should not be accumulated within a particular area, thus the entire process should be performed outdoors.
- Lastly, it is important to keep a fire extinguisher handy for any emergencies.
- Take an extraction tube and pack it tightly with cannabis to make sure no air pass.
- Next, fit the coffee filter at the end of the extraction tube and secure it tightly with a rubber band.
- After this, heat water in a stove and check the temperature with a thermometer, once it reaches 160 F pour it into an insulated container.
- Now, take your insulated container outside and away from any inflammable object.
- Place a small pyrex dish on a bigger pyrex dish and pour the water into the larger Pyrex dish.
- Now, wrap a towel on the extraction tube and place it above the smaller pyrex. The small end should face the filter end facing downwards.
- Next, fit the butane canister on the extraction tube and apply some pressure so that the butane fills the tube.
- An oil dark in colour and thicker in consistency will start dripping on the small pyrex dish.
- After this step, apply pressure in every 5 seconds bursts until the butane canister is empty.
- Now, allow the oil to filter in a small pyrex dish.
- Let the oil sit in the large pyrex dish until the water is cool.
- As mentioned in the third step, replace the cool water with hot water and let it cool down.
- Lastly, wait for 15 minutes and allow the small pyrex to cool down in a well-ventilated area with adequate sunlight.
Side Effects Associated With Cannabis Consumption
Well, cannabis in the form shatter is quite an outstanding remedy for various ailments and does not involve any such significant side effects. However, there are certain common side effects that may get triggered with time. Here are some of them:
- Anxiety and Stress
- Appetite changes
- Mood Swings
- Diarrhoea or Digestive Problems
- Dizziness or Lightheadedness
- Dry mouth or Increased Thirst
- Nausea and Vomiting
People who are on blood thinners like aspirin should avoid consuming cannabis in any form as it may thin the blood further and cause excessive bleeding. If you have any surgery scheduled within a month, you should avoid its consumption as it may cause excessive bleeding and complicate the surgery unnecessarily.
It is better to check whether you are allergic to cannabis as it may trigger some side effects and can complicate your condition. Lactating or pregnant mothers should avoid its consumption as it might affect the mother as well as the child and cause complications during the delivery.
It is always advised to consume cannabis only under a health care professional for your ailment, who is well recognized in this sector and can provide you with knowledge regarding it. Also, make sure to keep it away from people below 18 years of age.
Drug to Drug Interactions
If you are taking specific medications for any other ailment and want to consume Cannabis in shatter form, make sure to consult a health professional who is well recognized in this sector. As its use can trigger certain drug to drug interactions. Here we have mentioned certain drugs that can interact with cannabis:
- Valproic acid
- HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
- Calcium channel blockers
- HIV antivirals
- Immune modulators
- Angiotensin II blockers
- Oral hypoglycemic agents
Apart from these drugs, CBD can also interact with certain edible items like grapefruit. Consequently, it is important not to consume CBD shatter if you are on any such herbs or drugs that may interact with it.
Cannabis has been used for various ailments since ancient times and has a pretty positive result in most cases. Shatter is the best way of cannabis consumption, as it contains a high amount of concentrated cannabinoids as well as terpenes to provide relief from multiple diseases.
Cannabis Shatter can be prepared with the help of butane, which needs to be used with caution as it is highly inflammable. The entire extraction process should be done outdoors in a well-ventilated area to avoid any hazard.
Cannabis is an outstanding product with numerous health benefits. However, stay cautious if you are on blood thinners, pregnant, lactating or allergic. Apart from that, consuming cannabis may trigger side effects and it may interact with some drugs as well. Thus it is better to consult well-experienced individuals to know more about its overdose and usage.